How it Works
The Espro® Press is a precision coffee brewer. It preserves all of the freshly brewed flavours and aromas by micro-filtering twice with a unique metal filter. This micro-filter keeps grounds out of your cup, and lets the aromatic oils in.
Step 1: designed for optimal brewing
• extracts pure flavours by fully mixing grounds and water
• keeps temperature constant and hot with vacuum insulation
Step 2: designed for optimal filtering
• the first micro-filter (a) is vertical and reaches below the layer of grounds to the clean coffee - it also lets the aromatic oils seep through at the top
• the second micro-filter (b) makes sure your coffee is very clean, so extraction doesn’t continue in your cup
• the double silicone lip seal prevents any grinds from bypassing the filter
Step 3: designed for optimal enjoyment
• precision brewing preserves all of the freshly brewed flavours and aromas, so you can enjoy them again and again
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is there a double filter? Why must it come apart for cleaning?
The double filter allows for staged filtering – a slightly coarser filter in the lower (basket-shaped) filter separates the majority of the grinds from the dissolved solids. The upper (disk-shaped) filter completes the job, with a much finer mesh than in any other press. The result is the ultra-clean coffee, with cleanliness of a vacuum-brewer and the ease-of-operation of a French press!